Portable Induction 1800 Watt
Features and Specifications
- Measures 13” X 11.5” X 2.5”.
- Uses 120 volts and 15 amps of electricity which is standard for all homes. Plug into any household outlet.
- Digital control panel.
- Built in countdown timer for up to 170 minutes, temperature range from 140 F to 460 F and power level from 200 – 1800 watts
- Compatible with induction ready cookware such as cast aluminium enameled iron and steel.
- Auto-detection will shut off automatically after 60 seconds if there is no cookware.
- Diagnostic error message system
- High voltage warning system.
- 6 feet cord.
- 1 year warranty.
- Lightweight hence convenient to move around.
- Powerful and reliable cooktop.
- No flame heating.
- Easy to use
- Fast heating and quick boiling.
- Easy to clean using damp cloth.
- Easy to store.
- Safe as it is equipped with sensors auto detection system.
- Considered inexpensive for a cooktop.
- Heat is concentrated on the center of the burner known as hot zones. Makes it difficult to fry egg so that the whole egg cooks. Need to move the egg or the pan.
- Tend to overcook. Can’t do medium or subtle heat. Most reviewers either overcook or burn them.
- Too powerful. 10 heat settings. 1 is too high for warming while the default setting at 5 is too hot for cooking. Most suitable is 2 or 3.
- High frequency noise. Sound like microwave.
Looking into consumer reviews, the DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 8100MC is rated highly by consumers. Most consumers are highly satisfied with it. Other than being satisfied with its gorgeous look, users say it is a reliable induction cooktop. It is a very powerful cooktop suitable for stir frying and boiling water in about 2 minutes, quicker than gas stoves and cooking almost everything. There is also less heat in the countertop after using Duxtop Cooktop compared to other electrical burner. This cooktop is also easy to clean using damp cloth. Users say, the portable induction cooktop is handy for parties when there is a need for extra burner and in case of emergencies. See all customers review here
There are drawbacks however. One of the drawbacks is that heat is concentrated on the center of the burner which tends to overcook eggs. Experience needed to cook egg without burning them. As it is powerful, perhaps too powerful, this cooktop can’t do medium or subtle heat. Most users say they use 2 or 3 out of the 10 heat settings to cook most of their food. The default 5 is too hot for cooking. To boil water quickly, use the highest setting 10. After that, switch to 2 or 3 to ensure it is boiling continuously.
Overall, owners are impressed with the power of the DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 8100MC. It has become a necessity for users. Most owners would prefer the cooktop than gas cooking for fast cooking. Still, it is not a replacement of gas stove rather a good complement for certain tasks.
Best price and discount for DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 8100MC can be found at Amazon. Click here to find out more
If you like a sensor touch control panel on the DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner for $15 extra, Click here to find out more.
- Take the magnet with you when you shop to find the best pots or pans for your cooktop.
- Make sure your electrical system is up to date otherwise it will flip the circuit breaker.
- Stir often to ensure the food does not stck to the pan if you use cast iron.